You can set schedules on Hive heating system and your central heating will turn on/off automatically. You can either do this using the Hive app or directly from Hive thermostat. If you have a hive mini, then you can not set schedules using the thermostat, you will have to use the hive smart phone app. If your hive heating not coming on when scheduled, then do not worry – read on and we will provide you the solution for this.
Is your hive heating not coming on when scheduled?
If your hive heating is not coming on when schedules, then there could be a few different reason for this. One of the the main reason is that, you have set successfully schedules but your heating ‘mode’ is set to ‘manual’ or ‘off’ So, what does this mean and how you can change this?
Follow the next steps for complete instructions:
- Open the hive app on your smart phone
- Select heating
- In the next screen, at the bottom of the screen you will see three options: Manual, Schedule and Off
- Make sure you have selected ‘schedule‘
- This will activate the heating schedule and you heating will turn on/off at scheduled times
Having selected the wrong option e.g. ‘Manual’ or ‘Off’ is the most common reason for hive heating to not turn on at scheduled times.
If this does not work for you, i.e. you have already selected ‘schedule’ mode and your heating is not ‘turning on’ at scheduled times then read on!
Have you set the correct temperature?
If the temperature you selected while setting the schedule is too low, then the heating will not turn on.
Follow the steps below to check this:
- Go to ‘Hive app‘ on your phone
- Select ‘Heating‘
- At the top of the screen you will see three options: Control, Schedule and Actions
- Select the option which says ‘schedule‘
- Here you can see days of the week and your set schedules
- The rows below show the times you set, here you will also see the temperature you selected on the left side
- Make sure the temperature you have selected is not too low, otherwise edit the schedule and change the temperature.
Is there an issue with the Hive system?
If you have tried the above steps – but hive heating is not coming on when scheduled, then there could be a problem with hive system itself.
Make sure there are no error messages on hive thermostat and it is showing as connected on the screen.
Make sure hive hub is switched on and connected to internet.
Lastly, make sure there are no flashing lights on hive receiver, you will find your receiver next to your boiler.
If you find out there is a problem with your hive system itself, then read our complete Hive troubleshooting guide here.